We have focused our practice on understanding all issues involved in helping our clients understand how best to expand in Italy, and what steps must be taken under different options. Having worked with dozens of franchise networks, we can help you devise the structure that works best for your business.
No matter your business size, from start-up to large business, and no matter where you are located, our Law firm can guide you through the often complex and difficult legal needs you and your business will face in Italy.
We provide a full range of legal services and high-level strategic advice to both startup and established franchise systems. Our advisory services include the following:
- feasibility analysis of the expansion project in Italy (know-how, brand, trademark, structure of the future network, promotional/marketing activities, market analysis, financial aspects, tax issues);
- due diligence investigations of potential business partners and local investors;
- support in negotiations with Italian partners;
- drafting of all disclosure documents pursuant to Italian Franchise Law;
- negotiations and drafting of all preliminary agreements with partners and aspiring franchisees (letters of intent, option agreements, confidentiality agreements, preliminary contracts);
- legal consultancy on promotional/advertising materials for aspiring affiliates, in compliance with Italian Legislative Decree n. 145/2007 and Consumer Code;
- drafting and revision of franchise agreementst, master franchising agreements, Area Developement agreements, Area representative agreements and all ancillary agreements, for use in Italy;
- consultancy on the establishing of branches, subsidiaries joint ventures and on the acquisition of companies;
- compliance training to franchise sales personnel and staff;
- legal assistance in proceedings promoted by the AGCM and in lawsuits brought by
consumers, affiliates or competitors
- legal assistance in mediation of disputes, arbitration, proceedings in front of the Italian Tribunals
- complementary legal services, including IP, Real Estate, Labour, competition and antitrust, tax.