We have focused our practice on helping our clients to understand how best to expand their franchise in Italy, and what steps must be taken, from a legal point of view, to make their business work successfully and without legal risks in our country.
No matter the business size and features of your franchise, our Law firm will guide you through all the legal needs your business will face in Italy.
We provide a full range of legal services and high-level strategic advice to both startup and established franchise systems. Our advisory services include the following:
- feasibility analysis of the expansion project in Italy (know-how, brand, trademark, structure of the future network, promotional/marketing activities, market analysis, financial aspects, tax issues);
- due diligence investigations of potential business partners and local investors in Italy;
- support in negotiations with Italian partners;
- drafting of all disclosure documents pursuant to Italian Franchise Law;
- negotiations and drafting of all preliminary agreements with partners and aspiring franchisees in Italy (letters of intent, option agreements, confidentiality agreements, preliminary contracts);
- legal consultancy on promotional/advertising materials for aspiring affiliates in Italy, in compliance with Italian Legislative Decree n. 145/2007 and Consumer Code;
- drafting and/or revision, according to Italian regulations on franchise agreements and Italian commercial practice, of franchise agreements, master franchising agreements, Area Developement agreements, Area representative agreements and all ancillary agreements, for use in Italy;
- consultancy on the establishing of branches, subsidiaries, joint ventures and on the acquisition of companies in Italy;
- compliance training to franchise sales personnel and staff in Italy;
- legal assistance in proceedings promoted by the Italian Authorities (such as AGCM) and in lawsuits brought by consumers, affiliates or competitors;
- legal assistance in mediation of disputes, arbitration, legal proceedings in front of the Italian Tribunals;
- complementary legal services, including IP, Real Estate, Labour, competition and antitrust, tax.