We have focused our practice on in helping our clients to understand how best to expand in Italy their franchise, and what steps must be taken to make their business work successfully in our country.
No matter your business size, from start-up to large business, and no matter where you are located, our Law firm can guide you through the often complex and difficult legal needs your business will face in Italy.
We provide a full range of legal services and high-level strategic advice to both startup and established franchise systems. Our advisory services include the following:
- feasibility analysis of the expansion project in Italy (know-how, brand, trademark, structure of the future network, promotional/marketing activities, market analysis, financial aspects, tax issues);
- due diligence investigations of potential business partners and local investors in Italy;
- support in negotiations with Italian partners;
- drafting of all disclosure documents pursuant to Italian Franchise Law;
- negotiations and drafting of all preliminary agreements with partners and aspiring franchisees in Italy (letters of intent, option agreements, confidentiality agreements, preliminary contracts);
- legal consultancy on promotional/advertising materials for aspiring affiliates in Italy, in compliance with Italian Legislative Decree n. 145/2007 and Consumer Code;
- drafting and/or revision, according to Italian regulations on franchise agreements and Italian commercial practice, of franchise agreements, master franchising agreements, Area Developement agreements, Area representative agreements and all ancillary agreements, for use in Italy;
- consultancy on the establishing of branches, subsidiaries, joint ventures and on the acquisition of companies in Italy;
- compliance training to franchise sales personnel and staff in Italy;
- legal assistance in proceedings promoted by the Italian Authorities (such as AGCM) and in lawsuits brought by consumers, affiliates or competitors;
- legal assistance in mediation of disputes, arbitration, legal proceedings in front of the Italian Tribunals;
- complementary legal services, including IP, Real Estate, Labour, competition and antitrust, tax.
In addition, over the years our Law firm has been establishing a consolidated professional relationship with Affilya, a network of professionals having a deep and vast experience on a number of consultancy services for franchisors, such as research of business partners in Italy (acting as Master franchisee, Area Development, Area managers), and research of candidates as Franchisees in Italy.